Saturday, September 20, 2008

Greybull, WY


So this week we attended the funeral of Tana's Grandma (on her father's side) out in Greybull, WY. It's about an 8 hour drive, so we rented a Rav4 to make the trip. Didn't want to risk the Honda. It was fun seeing where my wife grew up, I mean I've been there before for our reception but we were just there and gone. This time I was able to visit Shell (Pop. 50). Just visiting there made me realize that we truly do come from different backgrounds. I mean I joke about it but man, that town was so small I knew everyone in 5 mins. I think it's because I really did stick out like a sore thumb.
The drive out there is long but it's amazing. Just look...



It was good though for me to see where my wife spent her childhood. I asked if she ever wanted to move back, I got a loud "NO"... which is understandable, I'm from the hood but does that mean I want my kids growing up there... "NO". Heres the ranch that she and her brothers ran all over...

I just find it amazing that two people with such different backgrounds found each other. It shouldn't work but it does, and the reason it works is because of understanding and the fact that in our lives the thing that comes first is our Father in Heaven. I know that in my wife's life I'm second next to Him and I'm okay with that because she knows it's the same with me.
As I think about being a father and what I can do to be a great one I realize that all I can do is teach him (or her, Grandma Jenny) to put Him first, and most of all trust Him. If that's the one thing my child learns from me then I think that means I'm a great dad.
Here are some more pictures to enjoy




Ok, this next picture might be nasty to some but look at the bug that hit the car... they grow them big in WY.

5 comments:

Eliason 5 said...

It looks like a really pretty area. We need to have you guys over so we can meet your wife. By the way, I love that the majority of voters think you guys are having twins. Good luck!

annebabe said...

sorry that it was for a funeral, but it sounds like you guys had a good road trip. :) and i loved your part about how your marriage shouldn't work because you are so different, yet it does because of your love of the gospel. thanks for sharing!

John-Maren Goodman said...

Tana banana I didn't know you were pregnant!! WOW congrats! I haven't seen you since Hy and Tiana came into town during their layover! Wow you look Beautiful!! Hey I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma! I know Hyrum was so sad he couldn't be there! We were just in Worland last weekend for my Neices Baptisms. The family I stayed with attend her Funeral. The Casdorphs, you may know them. anyway! Look up my blog, I'm addicted to these things. I love that you two have one. Now I can be nosey!

Sheridan said...

Hi you two dorkuses! Branking and Gnat and Bubba and Miss Tacie and Grandma are sitting here listening to the little ones go to sleep. We are thinking about listening to us go to sleep! Love you guys! Way cool blog!

Tiana Johnson said...

Ok you have known about your baby for how long now, and you still dont have it up here come on